Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time is flying as always, and I continue to get older and more decrepit. I'm not feeling the decrepit part, but I'm sure time is taking its toll on my joints and vessels and everything else it's supposed to affect.

Life is great, though. I tend to live in the moment, for the moment, and don't tend to dwell on the past much. That's why I always have trouble when I sit down and try to write one these posts. Nothing major ever sticks out in my mind. It's all a mush. Of course, I remember what's been going on, but I have to expend mental energy to remember the high points, or at least things that are "more interesting" than everything else.

Some people like to update their blogs every day and write about every single thing that happened to them on a particular day. I couldn't do that. I tend to take a more general, philosophical approach to blogging, and that takes energy as well. That's probably why I don't write on here much. And there always seems to be something more interesting to do. So know that if I am blogging, I have nothing better to do and am probably very bored.

Today was the least profitable day I've had for a while. I thought I was going to have class until 5 PM, but it turns out that I only had it until noon, so what do I do? Make the best of the free time I didn't know I would have? No, I didn't do a good job with that. Ended up piddling around for most of the afternoon, reading a little bit, watching a bit of TV, going to the store, etc. Before I knew it, it was 6:30 in the evening and I had to go work out and run. And I haven't done anything since the workout. Just one of those days I guess.

Tomorrow's schedule will be very light as well, but I hope to do a better job keeping myself occupied. It's difficult, as I discussed in my last post.

The last two weeks have been fun. In school, I thoroughly enjoyed re-learning all about the cardiovascular system, on the weekend I had a great time landscaping with classmates in a Habitat for Humanity project (even though it made me miss the Free Clinic), running has been going very well (excited about the 5K in town and half marathon in New Orleans), and I've had plenty of nice social events at various places with different people. Nothing extraordinary, but nothing simply ordinary.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. BTW, we don't mind updates on the things that you might consider mundane details. How's the new bike? And are you still enjoying your classes this semester? İşte, yine zamanı geldi...

    ReplyDelete